Construction on Light Rail from Nine Mile to Iliff UnderwayAs part of the 2011 FasTracks Financial Plan, $305 million in short-term funds was allocated to the FasTracks projects not yet in construction or under contract. Under the short-term funding, the I-225 project received $90 million in funds to complete the section of the project from Nine Mile Station to Iliff Station.
The Nine Mile to Iliff project includes:
- Extension of Light Rail Tracks 1.5 miles to the north
- Reconstruct Yale Avenue Bridge
- Construct 600 space surface Park-n-Ride
- Construct Light Rail station and bus plaza
- Serves 1,400 new transit users daily
- Provides service every 15 minutes during peak travel times
- Project is a partnership with CDOT's widening of I-225 from Mississippi to Parker
The light rail is being constructed as part of a combined project with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) on the expansion of lanes on the I-225 highway. This allows the RTD and CDOT to efficiently complete the rail line and highway expansions by sharing construction resources. It will also allow the agencies to minimize inconvenience to the public during the expansion of the light rail and highway. Please check back project updates.
I-225 Rail Line Video is online
I-225 Rail Line Video Flyover
The FasTracks Team has prepared a series of Video Flyovers for each Rail Line.
View the entire I-225 Rail Line, or a segment of the Line.